Afraid, isolated, confused?
You are not alone.
Domestic violence permeates the lives and compromises the safety of millions of employees each day, with tragic, destructive and often fatal results. Read more about domestic violence and how it impacts the workplace.
Overview of the issue
- The State of New York Initiative
- Domestic Violence and the Workplace Report to the
- Governor 2009
37% of women who experienced domestic violence reported that the abuse had an impact on their work in the form of lateness, missed work, keeping a job or career promotions.1
- The Private Sector Initiative
Laws, regulations and guidelines
How OPDV Can Help
At least one million women and 371,000 men are victims of stalking in the US each year. Stalkers often follow the victim to the workplace.2
- EDK Associates for The Body Shop (1997). The Many Faces of Domestic Violence and Its Impact on the Workplace. New York: EDK Associates.
- US Department of Justice, National Institute of Justice (2000). Full Report of the Prevalence, Incidence and Consequences of Violence Against Women, November, NCJ-183781.