Afraid, isolated, confused?
You are not alone.
Why law enforcement professionals need to understand domestic violence and what they can do to enforce offender accountability and enhance victim safety while responding to domestic violence swiftly and consistently.
- Responding to Domestic Incident Calls
- Orders of Protection
- Full Faith and Credit
- Initial Law Enforcement Officer Response
- Procedure When Arrest is not Authorized (or, if authorized, is not made)
- On-Scene Assistance to Victims and Dependants (Elderly, Physically Dependant Victims, and Children)
- Special Cases
- Primary Physical Aggressor
- Expanded Access to Family Court: A Police Guide (printer-friendly/pdf)
- Expanded Access to Family Court: A Guide for Domestic Violence Service Providers (printer-friendly/pdf)
- Violence Against Women – What the Federal Law Says
- Firearms and Domestic Violence
- Removal of Firearms
How OPDV Can Help
Contact: (518) 457-6438 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org