News and Events
Recently published on the OPDV Website!
- ICanDoSomethingNY - Don’t miss ICanDoSomethingNY, OPDV’s newest Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Month video and campaign! Join us in educating teens about dating violence and learn things everyone can do to prevent teen dating violence this February and all year long.
- OPDV Bulletin
- January is Stalking Awareness Month
- New York State Crime Victims’ Brick Memorial Renovation updates.
View announcement (pdf)
HTML (Web page)
The New York State Crime Victims’ Brick Memorial site on the north side of the Empire State Plaza is being renovated to improve the quality and configuration of the Memorial in time for the 2015 Brick Dedication. Please plan on attending the 2015 Brick Dedication Ceremony on Friday, April 24, 2015 from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
- Health Care Care Webinars - The slides from the following Webinars are now available on our website:
- Shine the Light on Domestic Violence this October!
- Learn more and see our updated resources.
- Governor Cuomo has proclaimed October 2014 to be Domestic Violence Awareness Month in New York State! (pdf) HTML (Web page)
- New York State Domestic Violence Dashboard Project 2013 Data (pdf) HTML (Web page)
- New York State Domestic and Sexual Violence Hotline 2013 Data (pdf) HTML (Web page)
- Domestic Violence Annual Report 2013 (pdf) HTML (Web page) Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence, 2014