This Web site is in compliance with the Information Technology Policy NYS-P08-005, Accessibility of Web-Based Information and Applications(), published by the New York State Office of Information Technology Services (ITS).
If a document is available in a format other than HTML, in many cases, there will be an icon after the link to indicate the format as well as the file size. The following are examples of document icons you might see:
- indicates an Adobe PDF file.
- indicates a Microsoft Word Document.
- indicates a Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet.
- indicates a Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation.
- indicates a Text Document or a Rich Text File.
If you require a document in a different file format than we currently provide, you can request it from us and the same document, in an accessible format, will be provided to you. Free viewers are also available for many of the file types we use. If you are having trouble viewing any of the above file types you may need to install additional software:
- For Adobe PDF files you can download Adobe Reader from Adobe Systems.
- If you do not have Microsoft Office, users of Microsoft Windows can download free viewers for the various Office file formats.
The New York State Office for the Prevention of Domestic Violence is not responsible for the software listed above or your use of it. The links above are provided for your convenience and does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the software or companies.
Document File Size
In most cases, documents of the above file types will also display the size of the file after the icon. This can help you determine how long it will take for a larger file to download. For example, under ideal conditions, a 500KB file will take a little over one minute to download on a 56k dial-up connection. A 1MB file will take around two and a half minutes on a 56k dial-up connection
If you have any questions or concerns about the accessibility of any part of this Web site please contact OPDV via email at email@example.com.